More about Beecholme


Beecholme is also the first postwar "mixed development" housing scheme in Hackney, with a mixture of houses and flats with the taller block having five storeys and containing one-bedroom and bedsit accommodation. It is featured in Volume 15 of Hackney History and was the site of Beecholme House, the family home of Maj. John André (d. 1780), who was executed as a British spy in the American War of Independence.

Thursday 13 March 2008

Map artwork using Sketchup - in progress


CLICK ON THE ESTATE MAP above to see it a little larger.

I've just started the map above with Google's Sketchup.
The map below the I did as a basis for an illustration using Adobe Illustrator, but as you can see, Sketchup is producing very good results.
It's the first time I've used the program & only took about 4 hours incl. familiarization.
I hope it (or something very similar will be used for the big estate sign (directly below).
When I've finished with the Sketchup artwork I'll have to export it to Photoshop to add the text and symbols then save it as a high res same size artwork PDF & tiff for printing.


If there are any elements you think should be on the sign that I've missed, please let me know. Use either the COMMENTS below or email me at secretary@beecholme.co.uk

No comments: